What is this place?!

What is this place?!

Duane, Laura, Alexys and our baby Shiloh of course we should include Cody (our yorkshire terrier) in the mix of what concludes the Epp Family. We hope this blog helps our family and friends keep up on our lives and this description gives you some insight as to what you are looking at here. ;-)

Thursday, June 18, 2009

34 Week Update-18month Checkup-Babies R Us

Friday night we went to a new place for Duane and me to eat. Mi Ranchito in Olathe where we met his brother, sister-in-law, mother, cousin Heidi and Josh Kraus. Heidi and Josh are taking a bold leap and moving in a couple weeks so we wanted to take an evening out to spend with them. We had an awesome dinner and there are 6 locations in the Kansas City area. Check them out if your ever around one.

Saturday I spent sometime with Natalie and Samantha. Samantha was taking "belly pictures" of Natalie and me, we are both pregnant. ;-) So we spent the whole day together running out to a local winery then back to Samantha's shop. It was a fun day and I was happy to get some pictures during this pregnancy as I never made it with Alexys. Saturday evening I did fall ill to a stomach flu I believe and it stuck around till Tuesday morning. bummer, but it is over with now!

Tuesday we had Alexys 18 month check-up. She is a healthy little girl and her stats are:
  • Weight: 21 lbs 8.5 oz - 20% tile

  • Height: 31" - 25% tile

  • Head: 18" - 25% tile
Alexys is really into singing, jabber, playing pretend, trying to dress herself, wooden puzzles (loves these, we need to find some more), so much fun to play with right now.

After Alexys appointment I had my 34 week checkup for the new baby. My blood pressure was good, weight good, measured at 34 weeks, and the heartbeat was 135 bpm. He said your doing great see you in two weeks and then we are on to weekly checkup's. Wow, this is going so fast this time.

Last night Duane, Alexys and I headed to Babies R Us. Duane's cousin Heidi I mentioned above is also expecting and I told her at dinner on Friday I would take her to Babies R Us and give her my opinion and helpful and not so helpful items. At the same time I started another registry in case it is a boy and/or of the items I may need to get if it is another girl. I did break and find a cute bed set, actually 2, a monkey set and giraffe set. If it is a boy I will probably break down with the 10% coupon they send you after you have the baby and get a new bedset from Winnie the Pooh. Duane was hoping to pick out a baby boy outfit or two for the hospital but gave up after 5 minutes of wondering the clothes by himself. He thought it would be fun but said he needed me to help him. So we'll go back up another night and look around in the next couple weeks.

Tonight we will go to our friends Curt & Susan's for a cookout and watch the John Brown Jamboree parade in Osawatomie.

This weekend we will celebrate the wedding of our friends Craig Tennis and Jenny McDougal, then another special Father's Day.

2 comments:

Ralph and Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ralph and Marilyn said...

Thanks for the update! Glad you're doing well. Sorry we can't help with the sale of your house, car, etc. We are still giving stuff back to Heidi and Aaron, and making donations to Goodwill and Salvation Army ourselves. Hope the house sells this summer.