What is this place?!

What is this place?!

Duane, Laura, Alexys and our baby Shiloh of course we should include Cody (our yorkshire terrier) in the mix of what concludes the Epp Family. We hope this blog helps our family and friends keep up on our lives and this description gives you some insight as to what you are looking at here. ;-)

Friday, December 9, 2011

Birthday Celebration Weekend!

So here it is my oldest 4th birthday which is why I started this blog to keep friends and family informed on our lives.  As well as success in the realm of parenting.  Looks like we are doing alright so far.  Alexys is 4 on the 13th!  This weekend we are prepping for the BIG party on Sunday and at this point we really don't know what we are doing so let me know if you have any ideas in the next 24 hours. 
Cakes - Tonight I am baking two cakes, #1 is a chocolate cake with chocolate chunks and dark chocolate chips in it that I would like to turn into a crown I believe, #2 cake will be the skirt to a princess cake.  We'll deal with these tomorrow at this point, right now we have the basic shapes.  Then tomorrow we will crank out some rice crispy treats, it would be great to have crowns made out of this but we may not be that creative tomorrow.  The other items I thought would be fun would be some Oreo cookies on sticks dipped in white chocolate chips for wands with the number 4 on them.  We'll see about this also tomorrow.  :-)
Games - Now that Alexys is 4 and attending other parties, we are experiencing games and more organized fun.  Speaking of which when we have b'day parties, we tend to have around 25-30 adults and 13-18 children.  Needless to say, one would say this is chaos because there is never much organization, but somehow it always goes great?!  I have had compliments of how well it does go from some parents also.  Alright so this year, I am thinking some organization maybe necessary since the kids are getting bigger.  My first thought is a pinata which they sell at Target for $20, princess castle.  However, surely I can make one right with items I have around the house?  It won't be a princess castle but lets see if we can make it happen.  Stay tuned....
Next item I am thinking pin the crown on the princess?  I think I can come up with something tomorrow to go along this route.
Anyone else have any ideas on games?

Alright, I am going shopping in my basement to see what I have in stock for b'day decorations and paper goods.

Tomorrow's agenda, Big Brothers Big Sisters Santa Breakfast, Olathe/Overland Park, Friends Ornament exchange x-mas party, home to decorate and prep for Alexys b'day, and later in the night an Adult friends b'day celebration.  Busy day my family and friends, that is how we roll.....hope you enjoyed this post.

No comments: